Student activities and leadership programs were important developmental experiences for Timothy J. Richmond (B.A. 1990). While working his way through the University, his own receipt of the President's Student Leadership & Service Award was the capstone of Tim's journey and motivated him to keep striving as he began his professional career. The Richmond family is proud to support emerging student leaders at the University of Minnesota. The goal of the Richmond Family Student Leadership Scholarship is to support future leaders as they build character, develop as leaders, and make a significant impact in their communities.
- Full-time, undergraduate degree-seeking student
- Able to demonstrate financial need
- Able to demonstrate invaluable leadership and service to the University of Minnesota and the surrounding community (as a PSLSA recipient)
Students cannot be directly nominated for this award. Instead candidates for this award must be:
- A recipient of the 2023 President’s Student Leadership and Service Award (PSLSA).
- Selected as a candidate for the Richmond Family Student Leadership Scholarship Award by the PSLSA Selection Committee.
- Award candidates may be asked to answer additional essay questions and interview with the Richmond Family Student Leadership Scholarship Committee.